Last week I was invited along with a group of bloggers to LA to tour the Nature Made headquarters and learn more about the company and their newest product VitaMelts which are tiny, smooth dissolving tablets made with natural flavors that taste good and are actually fun to take. Fish oil pills=not fun.
At the headquarters we were able to meet Erin O’Malia Gehan, VP of Marketing and John Welk, the Director of Insights who’s also a marathon runner. Wahoo for runners!
Nature Made’s mission includes two main points: science and quality. Their goal is to produce pharmaceutical-grade vitamins and supplements that pass the most stringent standards (including third-party verification testing) and that science has proven are beneficial to our bodies.
We also met Louis Ndife, Director of Medical and Scientific Affairs and Jones Chan, Director of Research and Development. It was really interesting to talk to Jones in the research lab and watch how Nature Made tests things like the solubility and efficacy of their products. We also saw how they made the VitaMelts prototypes:
There are six VitaMelts products offered on the market right now: Zinc, Vitamin D, Vitamin C (immune support), Relax (L-Theanine), Energy (Vitamin B12) and Sleep (Melatonin).
- VitaMelts Zinc delivers 15mg, 100% DV of zinc which supports a healthy immune system; it comes in a natural honey lemon flavor.
- VitaMelts Vitamin D has 1000 IU of Vitamin D3 which supports bone and immune health and has a natural creamy vanilla flavor (my favorite flavor)
- VitaMelts Vitamin C contains 60mg, 100% DV of Vitamin C which also supports a healthy immune system. It comes in a natural juicy orange flavor.
- VitaMelts Relax is made up of 200mg of L-theanine which helps relax the mind, and it’s a natural green tea mint flavor.
- VitaMelts Energy is formulated with 1500 mcg of Vitamin B-12 to support cellular energy production by helping the body convert food into energy. The flavor is a natural mixed berry.
- VitaMelts Sleep contains 3 mg of Melatonin, which may help support more restful sleep; it comes in a natural chocolate mint flavor that is my second favorite flavor.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.
What I like about VitaMelts is that they come in portable, small containers that can easily be thrown in a gym bag or purse. They make taking vitamins accessible and easy for busy, on-the-go lifestyles, they’re fun and taste a heck of a lot better than traditional vitamins!
After learning how dedicated Nature Made is to making high quality products at affordable prices, I was asked to become a Nature Made Brand Ambassador. As one I was also asked to create Healthy Pledge for 2013 and mine is to commit to strength/toning training classes this year. I’m obviously dedicated to cardio (running) but tend to lose interest in anything else. After hitting the dirty 30 last month, I need to do some strength training!
Nature Made is all about “setting higher standards” with their product research, their scientific testing, and their customer service. For me, setting personal higher standards means becoming a little more consistent and dedicated to healthy choices on my ‘off’ or rest days. I seem to not eat quite as well, not drink as much water, and skip the vitamins on my rest days so I want to keep that healthy mindset even on days when I’m not running a lot of miles.
I received samples of VitaMelts from Nature Made to review. Nature Made did not require that I write this post or any of the language in this post. All opinions and views expressed are my own.
Nature Made® VitaMelts™ are a new “one of a kind”, enjoyable way to take your vitamins because they melt in your mouth and taste great. Discover how new Nature Made® VitaMelts™ can transform your vitamin taking experience by making it enjoyable. Visit us on Facebook to get a coupon.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Nature Made via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nature Made.