It’s a great way to raise money for the Red Cross and do something, even if it’s just donating $10 and running with intention and purpose.
Check out her blog for full details and more information, but here is a little of what I copied and pasted:
How to participate
- Run a race of any distance the month of November. There are TONS of fun holiday races this time of year so grab a friend (or two!) and sign up.
- Register for the Virtual Race for Hurricane Sandy here.
- Pledge your donation (a minimum donation of $10 requested) here. ALL PROCEEDS will be donated to the Red Cross.
- Tell all of your friends that you are participating and invite them to join us, too.
- Run your race and tell us how you did! Make sure to send us pictures.
COLORS OF THE DAY: PINK
I had all my gear laid out last night for an early 4am wakeup call this morning: (I put it in the hallway so I wouldn’t wake up the husband; wife of the year over here)
*sparkly pink BIC band (sale coming tomorrow to benefit hurricane relief!)
*new 26.2 Apparel tank in tie dye (it’s on sale for $15 right now, super steal)
*pink Pro Compression argyle socks (a sale on these babies is coming asap too)
*pink Mizuno Wave Rider 16 – major shoe love going on right now between me and the 16s.
*26.2 Apparel running shorts – the only running shorts I own
*pink Moving Comfort Fiona sports bra
After the race I’m headed over to my friends house in LA to catch up and hang out with my college girlfriends. Today will be a great day!
Off to do #38
1 Tim 4:8